Jeff Bezos Salary

Personal Life and Early Life

Jeffrey Preston Jorgensen was born on January 12, 1964, in Albuquerque, New Mexico, the son of Jacklyn and Theodore Jorgensen. At the time of his birth, his mother was a 17-year-old high school student, and his father was 19 years old. After graduating from high school under difficult circumstances, Jacklyn enrolled in night school while carrying Jeffrey as a newborn. In April 1968, after his parents split, his mother married Cuban immigrant Miguel “Mike” Bezos. Mike adopted four-year-old Jeffrey shortly after the wedding, and his surname was formally changed from Jorgensen to Bezos.

Bezos met novelist Mackenzie Tuttle, who was a research associate at the business, in 1992 while working for D. E. Shaw in Manhattan; the pair married a year later. They relocated across the nation to Seattle, Washington, in 1994, where Bezos launched Amazon. Bezos and his now-ex-wife Mackenzie have four children: three sons and one adoptive girl from China.

Bezos was one of three passengers in a helicopter that crashed in West Texas in March 2003 after the craft’s tail boom collided with a tree. He suffered minor injuries and was released from a nearby hospital the same day.


On January 9, 2019, Bezos and Mackenzie announced on Twitter their intention to divorce after a “extended period” of separation. On April 4, 2019, the divorce was formalized, with Bezos receiving 75 percent of the couple’s Amazon shares and Mackenzie receiving the remaining 25 percent ($35.6 billion) in Amazon stock.

Jeff Bezos Net Worth

$168 Billion

Jeff Bezos’s Salary

$64 Billion Per Year

Net Worth: $168 Billion
Salary: $64 Million Per Year
Date of Birth: Jan 12, 1964 (58 years old)
Gender: Female
Height: 5 ft (1.53 m)
Profession: Entrepreneur
Nationality: United States of America

Career Achievements

After graduating from college in 1986, Bezos was offered positions at Intel, Bell Labs, and Andersen Consulting, among others. He began his career at Fitel, a fintech telecoms start-up, where he was entrusted with creating an international trading network.

Bezos intended to launch an online bookshop in late 1993. On July 5, 1994, he quit his job at D. E. Shaw and launched Amazon in his garage after creating its business plan on a cross-country journey from New York City to Seattle.

Prior to landing in Seattle, Bezos considered establishing his firm on an Indian reserve outside San Francisco to avoid paying taxes. Bezos called his new firm Cadabra at first, but then changed it to Amazon after the Amazon River in South America.

Bezos extended the company’s merchandise to encompass a number of other consumer items by the end of 1998, after diversifying into the online sale of music and video. Amazon Web Services, which aggregated data from weather channels and internet traffic, was launched by Bezos in 2002.

In 2013, Bezos signed a $600-million deal for Amazon Web Services with the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA). Amazon was named the world’s largest online retailing company in October of that year.

Bezos sold slightly more than one million shares of his Amazon stock for $671 million in May 2016, the greatest sum he had ever raised from selling some of his Amazon stock. Bezos sold another million shares for $756.7 million on August 4, 2016. A year later, Bezos hired 130,000 additional employees at the company’s distribution sites. His Amazon stock holdings have increased to little more than $109 billion on January 19, 2018.

Bezos said in February 2021 that he will stand down as CEO of Amazon in the third quarter of 2021 to become the Executive Chairman of the Amazon Board. Andy Jassy will succeed him as CEO.

Jeff Bezos Net Worth

Jeff Bezos is an American philanthropist, businessman, and space explorer best known for founding Amazon.com. Bezos has a net worth of $168 billion as of 2022 and earns $64 million per year. According to Amazon’s most recent SEC filing, Jeff holds 55 million shares, or around 12% of the total shares outstanding.

At one point, he held 80 million Amazon shares. Jeff handed 19.7 million shares to his ex-wife as part of his divorce settlement with Mackenzie Bezos in April 2019. The shares were worth $36 billion at the time of the transfer. Jeff’s net worth was temporarily cut from $150 billion to $114 billion as a result of the settlement. Jeff was also an early pre-IPO investor in Google.com and today owns at least $1 billion in Alphabet Inc.

In July 2017, he overtook Bill Gates in terms of wealth for the first time. Between October 2017 and January 2021, he was the world’s richest person in the world without interruption.

Related Reading

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here